Tuesday 18 January 2011

CFC

Not Kentucky Fried Chicken, but Clare's Fried Chicken. OK, well it was actually baked not fried but you get the picture. I tried one of the recipes out of my new book, the Takeaway Secret for Southern Fried Chicken a la KFC, and it was gorgeous!

To avoid the deep frying, I followed the recipe exactly, except instead of deep frying I oven baked for 20-25 minutes and the whole family enjoyed it. The chicken was exactly the right texture. Instead of the usual drumsticks and thighs I used a pack of chicken breasts from work reduced from £6 to £2. Alongside these I also made potato wedges using the recipe from the same book. Even more successful !!!

I have to admit to one failure though - the prawn toasts that I made for Mickey didn't go down well. Oh well, win some lose some !!

Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment