Tuesday 5 February 2013

Working so far :-)



I did a huge shop on pay day (25th Jan) over two shops - Asda and Tesco.  MySupermarket had worked out that it was cheaper to split it over the two, so I did  (clever website). Apart from the planned shop at Farmfoods to stock up on meat and fish I've only done a £15 shop so far to top up with milk, bread and eggs.  So - so far so good :-).



I've cooked some lovely meals, and even done a batch of baking.  I used the crown muffin moulds that I got from Silicone Moulds, which make muffins just like the huge ones in Costa and Starbucks only much cheaper!  A batter that makes 12 normal muffins makes six of these but they're gorgeous.  There's just no comparison with the shop bought ones.  I also made twelve apricot, coconut and dark choc ones.  I always like to have something home made to put in hubby's lunchbox.  Today's 'home made' was sandwiches made with foccacia - dough made in the bread machine then shaped on a baking tray, proved and baked in the oven.  It was gorgeous - a lovely texture made even better with the drizzle of oil and sprinkling of sea salt on top.  It's a lovely soft bread and hubby has had chunks of it filled with ham and tomato.

No wonder he gets so many nice comments about his lunchbox! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment