Wednesday 24 April 2013

Catching Up

Two weeks ago I planted lots of seeds, and they all seem to have taken off beautifully :-).  Although I sowed them relatively late, I was wary of sowing any earlier as the constant rain/ice/snow meant that I wouldn't be able to put them in the greenhouse when I needed to.  But they've really made good progress.

Amongst others I've sowed speedy lettuce, spring onions, english lavender, various asters, various dahlias, hundreds and thousands tomatoes, tumbler tomatoes, oregano, mint, rosemary, thyme...the list goes on.

The garlic and onions that I planted in March had done nothing at all, I remarked to Dave about ten days ago that maybe a mouse had eaten the bulbs/cloves so I'd lost the lot. The very next day they all started showing !  They've suddenly shot up, so maybe the recent few days of good weather has allowed them to catch up.

Hallelujah!!

Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment