Friday 29 June 2012

I can't wait for our holiday.  After the year we've had, we're desperate for something to look forward to !!


This is where we'll be cruising after a week's all-inclusive stay in Palma.  We've been to Rome before (docking at Civitavecchia) so we'll probably stay aboard that day.  Don't get me wrong, I love Rome - I cried when I got to Trevi Fountain because I'd finally seen something so beautiful that I'd only seen on tv for so many years. But it's a long coach ride into Rome from the port, so I'm loathe to do that again

The weather was so mixed here yesterday.  The morning was showers, thunder, then the heavens opened at lunchtime.  The evening was actually lovely. I found the whole day very muggy andhard to breathe though, and the thunder didn't clear the air as I'd hoped.

Hopefully we'll get some decent weather on holiday. It's going to be a very different two weeks than the rest of the year, going from enforced frugality hrough the loss of Dave's job to two weeks of sheer decadance!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment