Wednesday 21 November 2012

Feeling rather smug :-)

I've done the majority of my Christmas shopping and it's not even December yet :-)

I have to be well organised for Christmas as both my birthday and Lucy's are also in December.  My family give me the money for all our Christmas and birthday presents because they say they simply don't know what to get.  I end up with a spreadsheet detailing who's paid what for whom and when.  Great fun!

So I've now bought all the presents for the four of us (Lucy is using my bday and xmas money to buy my presents so that I actually get some surprises!) I've nearly finished wrapping them and putting in the loft until Christmas Eve.

The only other presents we've doing this year are for my Mum and Dad, sister, aunty, father in law, my hubby's step sister and my best friend.  For each of them we're doing a tailored hamper.

Mum and Dad will get wine (bought at work - 3 for £12 instead of £8.99 each, plus 25% off when you buy 6 plus my colleague discount of 15% - bargain), Hotel Chocolate tasting box, toiletries, cheese, crackers, other chocs, Simpsons socks for my Dad.

My sister's hamper will basically be wine!  A few added bits thrown in too though.

Hubby's step sisters will be chocs and some home made chocolate teaspoons and coffee beans.

The other hampers will be pamper things, chocs, home made chutneys, jams and marmalades that we made earlier this year.  In the couple of days before Christmas we're having a baking/cooking marathon, including -


  • Glittered double chocolate brownies
  • Strawberry and white chocolate muffins
  • Apricot and white chocolate cakes
  • Chocolate crumch
  • Baileys truffles
  • Baileys fudge
All of these will be divided between the hampers and given out on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Well, I'd rather spend those two days in my lovely kitchen, making things that I know people will love rather than racing around town buying presents for the sake of it :-)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment